The goal for this Granite Bay, California home was to create a distinctive looking Universal Design kitchen for all members of the family; a gathering place. This house was a part of the DIY’s House Crasher’s TV show. The entire kitchen was gutted and everything in it new.
Aging in place features:
- Pulls were added to cabinetry
- Solid countertops for easy cleaning
- Solid cork flooring for easy wheeling and general “give”
- Layered lighting overhead: general can lights+accent lighting for island pendants+ task lighting under cabinets
- Multi-level island allows for wheelchairs and youngsters and does not obstruct traffic pattern
- An open base.
Kitchen Remodeling Cost
About Kerrie Kelly Design Lab
Kerrie Kelly, owner of Kerrie Kelly Design Lab in Sacramento, CA, is an accomplished interior designer, author, instructor and multi-media consultant. She currently keeps many projects going simultaneously, including residential and commercial interiors. Her experience with Del Webb and Certified Aging in Place Specialist (CAPS) designation has helped her gain the expertise to be the current Chair of the American Society of Interior Designers (ASID) Council on Design for Aging and on the Advisory Board for Livable Design by Eskaton.
Kerrie Kelly Design Lab
2220 J Street, Suite 7
Sacramento, CA 95816
Click here if you would like to have your project considered for publication.