The Jitterbug Touch 2, the latest senior cell phone from GreatCall, is packed full of features and services that will appeal to older adults wanting a smartphone, but not all the bells and whistles.
This new senior cell phone from Jitterbug is a welcome addition to their growing family of phones. It has a lot of great options for a simple cell phone  that is easy to use.
Cell Phone Features
Some of the features you’ll get with the Jitterbug Touch 2 include:
- Easy to use menu that makes using the phone and apps a snap
- Hearing aid compatible, M4/T3 rating
- Phone fits easily into pockets or purses with sleek design
- Large 4″ screen makes dialing and text messaging easy
- Full touch screen keyboard
- SMS and MMS messaging
- Email support for POP3, IMAP and Exchange
- Improved large number buttons on dial pad
- Usage meter for minutes, text and data usage
- Browse the Web
- YouTube videos
- 5 megapixel camera for clear, colorful pictures
- Long lasting battery
- Android 4.0 operating system
Apps pre-installed on phone and available services
The Jitterbug Touch 2 comes pre-loaded with a host of GreatCall  apps to help you get the most out of your phone and help you manage your health.
In addition to the apps included on the phone below, you also will have access to more than 700,000 in Google Play.
- 5Star Urgent Response
- Urgent Care
These services are available with the Jitterbug Touch 2:
- The Check-in Call
- The Wellness Call
- Handset Replacement
This senior cell phone also comes with a lithium ion battery, MicroUSB data cable, AC power adapter, headphones, User Guide and Quick Start Guide.
Cell phone plans and cost
As of the date of publishing, the cost on the GreatCall site for this phone is $139.00. They have several phone and data plans available to get you affordable access to the Internet and text messaging.
Touch 2 technical specifications
- Dimensions: 4.9″ H x 2.5″ W x .45″ D
- Weight (w/battery): 4.9 oz
- Main Camera: 5MP, auto-focus
- Front-facing Camera: 0.3 MP
- Display Size: 4″
- Resolution: 800 x 480
- External Interface: Standard Micro USB, microSD, Card slot, 3.5 mm headset
- External Memory: MicroSD Card (up to 32 GB)
- Processor: Qualcomm MSM8625, 1GHz Dual core
- Bluetooth Supported: Yes, 3.0
- Hearing Aid Compatible: M4/T3
- Wi-Fi Enabled: Yes
- Headset Jack: Yes
- Memory ROM: 4GB
- Memory RAM: 512MB
- GPS: GPS/AGPS
- Battery: 1750mAh Lithium Ion
- Standby: Up to 13 days
- Talk Time: Up to 5.3 hours
- Operating System: Android 4.0
- Messaging: SMS, MMS
- Email: POP3/IMAP/Exchange
Jitterbug Touch 2 videos
From GreatCall, makers of the Jitterbug Touch 2. An overview of the Jitterbug Touch features, design and service.
A hands-on review of the Jitterbug Touch 2 from DadDoes.com.