AgeInPlace.com is a robust community of people interested in aging in place, retirement life and caregiving for older adults. Every single month thousands of people see our content on our website and social media accounts. We’d love to see your articles on AgeInPlace.com.
Please read and follow these submission instructions in their entirety to be considered for publishing.
Our goal is to deliver the most insightful, helpful and rewarding content to our readers. For that reason, we have an in-house Editorial team, regular contributors and invite guest authors to submit articles for our readers enjoyment.
On this page you will find:
- Insight into the quality and types of articles we are looking for,
- The standards we apply to guest author submissions, and
- A checklist to help you ensure your submission is complete.
We do accept submissions from a wide variety of companies, agencies and individuals. However, if you do not adhere to the checklist below, your article will not be considered.
Since we receive a high-volume of submissions, we will only notify you if we choose to publish your article.
We do not publish press releases.
Overview of content guidelines
We accept all submissions on content related to aging in place and other topics related to older adults, including lifestyle, home life, remodeling and home modifications, caregiving (for parents and loved ones), health and wellbeing, technology, community and others.
Our tone is conversational, educational, entertaining and enlightening, but also not too serious or condescending to older adults. We present ideas that help people build better lives and back those up with facts when needed.
In short, great ideas that are honest, effective and help older adults create the life they want.
Types of articles we love
Lifestyle: Any topic around recrafting or adding to your lifestyle after retirement, including home life, hobbies, interests, volunteering, entertainment, food and more.
Home remodeling & modifications: Anything related to remodeling or modifying your home for aging in place. Including, creating the spaces you want, functional spaces, accessibility (for now and in the future), home remodeling projects (including for remodeling companies) and more.
Technology: New or adapted technology or products to help older adults live fuller, more rewarding lives. Or, new technology or products to help family caregivers provide a great level of care for their loved ones (and get some peace of mind). Preference given to technology professionals, but not mandatory.
In-depth how-to or step-by-step pieces:
Trends & News: Developing trends in aging in place (or retirement life) and aging-related news that are crafted into an article. (FYI, we’ve been at this going on 20 years, so please don’t try to capture old information with a new spin.)
Health & Well-being: Physical and mental health topics, including psychology, disease prevention and caregiving, as well as self-help, relaxation, vacations, peaceful living or other similar topics. Preference is given to credentialed medical professionals for mental and physical health topics. May not be mandatory, depending on the topic.
Financial: Articles about or relating to financial planning and spending prior to or during retirement. CFP, CPA or similar credentials are needed to advise people about their money and financial planning. Though, there are some money-related topics which are fine for others, such as bill maintenance, daily money management, etc.
Perspectives & Insights: In-depth opinion pieces about ideas in the aging in place space, including life, health, money, home and more.
- Your article relates to aging in place, older adults or their family caregivers.
- Your article is well-written and clearly presents and supports your ideas, and how it benefits our readers.
- Your article is written for older adults aging in place or their families.
- Your article contains facts and stats (where needed) that support and reinforce your points.
- Your article is not self-promotional.
- Your article is written in a conversational style and has short paragraphs, bullets and headings.
- If your article contains a feature image (min size 1024×683), for which you have a copyright license. Images that are not this size may or not be accepted or may end up cropped. Other supporting images are accepted as they provide context and support. Royalty-free, creative commons or other licensed images required, as well as proof of your copyright for any images you personally own.
- Your article is between 750 and 1,500 words.
- Your article is in a word document (or equivalent).
- You have included an author bio (2 sentences or less), author photo and personal link. (Photo ATTACHED, not included in the document!)
Do not email us with questions that clearly show you didn’t read this page.
When you submit an article to AgeInPlace.com, you agree to the following:
- If this is a piece that you want a link for in the body of the article, you will have to purchase a Sponsored Post.
- All non-sponsored pieces may have a link in the bio to the author’s preferred site.
- You have done your homework, and reviewed the AgeInPlace.com site and content related to your topic. Articles that duplicate content already published on AgeInPlace.com or are not focused on the people it serves will not be considered.
- Emailing your submission does not guarantee it will be published on AgeInPlace.com.
- By submitting a guest post you confirm that this is your own original work and that it has not been previously published on any site. In exchange for us publishing the post, you agree that we are free to republish the post at any time, in whole or in part, on AgeInPlace.com and all other websites we control without restriction.
- AgeInPlace.com agrees that you can republish your submitted articles on your own website 2 weeks after they go live on AgeInPlace.com, with a link back to where the article appeared first.
- Your article will be edited for readability, style, SEO and at our discretion by AgeInPlace.com. We are not able to provide the article for your review after our edits.
- Any references must be appropriately cited.
- Any links will be reviewed by AgeInPlace.com and must be relevant. You may include a single (1) contextually relevant affiliate (or other) link in the article (do-follow), which will be reviewed. Please inform us which link this is.
- Other links in articles are allowed at our discretion. If you submit with links included, they may or may not be included. Specifically, links that don’t make sense might be viewed by search engines as spam or paid, or not in context of the article, etc.
- AgeInPlace.com reserves the right to include its own links or ads in any submitted articles.
- You will not receive any compensation for your submission.
- AgeInPlace.com reserves the right to remove any guest post with or without a reason.
- AgeInPlace.com reserves the right to reject any article that it feels is not a good fit for the site. Rejected article authors will not be notified, unless we feel, with a little effort, the work can be utilized.
By submitting a guest post to be published on AgeInPlace.com, you confirm that you have read this agreement and agree to be bound by it.
If you have any questions about this, please let us know before you submit your article.
Do not email us with questions that clearly show you didn’t read this page.
Do not email us to see if we received your submission. If we any questions and/or we publish it, we will let you know.
Send all of this information in an email to “email@example.com”. Please use the subject “Article Submission“.
Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
If you have questions that are not answered here or want to pitch an idea, you can use the same email address before you write the article.
All that being said, we look forward to your submission!