Buying or selling a home is an important event in your life. We all know that having a real estate agent makes these processes easier. For Baby Boomers and seniors, it is even more important to have an agent on your side, since this event can seriously impact your future.
There are many real estate agents to choose from in just about every town. With all of the advertising on billboards, television and even in your mailbox, it is up to you to sort through the messages to make the right selection. Who will be able to anticipate your needs? Who is best suited represent your interests during the process? Who will work with you to navigate through real estate, financial and legal decisions when purchasing or refinancing your home?
A Seniors Real Estate Specialist (SRES®) is a REALTOR® who has undergone special training to give him the knowledge to counsel 50+ clients through the buying or selling process. These agents can offer the options and information needed to make good decisions about your home; both for now and as you age in place. They will be ready to discuss refinancing, purchasing a new home or selling a home. An SRES will recognize your concerns and interests, as you develop your plans to age in place.
Selecting to work with a Seniors Real Estate Specialist ensures that you are working with someone you can trust.
- Listening. An SRES will actively listen to your needs, desires and plans.
- Communication. An SRES will communicate with his clients to ensure they understand industry terms, housing, legal and financial options.
- Information. An SRES is someone who has invested the time in building a network of ‘go to’ professionals who can help them meet your needs and answer the questions they can’t, including attorneys, insurance agents, accountants, estate planners, moving companies and builders.
- Experience. An SRES is experienced in anticipating the needs and crafting solutions for people who are 50 and older. They are well versed in market values, financing, universal design elements and more.
- Results. An SRES will keep your requirements and dreams in the forefront as they work along side you to craft the best possible outcome towards your goals.
These things and more are what make SRES professionals uniquely qualified to assist you with your real estate planning, purchases and sales. By choosing an SRES agent to work with, you can rest assured you have a knowledgeable and experienced professional available to help.
Note: What an SRES Cannot Provide You
An SRES is not certified to provide legal or tax advice. If you are in need of these services, you should contact a separate real estate attorney or accountant to obtain advice. If you do not have access to one, an SRES will most likely have on in their professional network.