There are several mistakes that seniors commonly make when they sell their home. Take a few minutes to learn from experts what they are so you will have an easier sales experience.
- NOT using a Seniors Real Estate Specialist.
Having an SRES to discuss the complex issues facing seniors selling their home can help you avoid costly mistakes.
- NOT getting a competitive market analysis to weigh your options and solidify selling your home. This analysis will also allow you to estimate your net from the real estate closing so you can make your post-sale arrangements.
- Making the assumption you have to sell. After speaking with an Seniors Real Estate Specialist, you may realize all the options available that would allow you to stay in your home and make accommodating modifications.
- Keeping the clutter. Not clearing out the home before you market it can reduce the number of potential buyers; many cannot see past the clutter.
- Committing to a moving date before finding a home to move into.
Read More: 10 top mistakes for seniors buying or selling homes