Cell phone for seniors just got a little more exciting with the Clarity Pal. This is one of several new hearing aid compatible phones for the elderly and it has a host of features that are sure to please.
The Clarity Pal cell phone
Seniors now have more choices when it comes to cell phones. Many include the features that they really want and need, such as Doro cell phone (like the doro phoneeasy 410gsm) or the Clarity C900 cell phone. The market is filled with smartphones that the elderly may find challenging or have features they find unnecessary. They want to make calls to friends and family, or have a cellphone for emergencies. More and more phone manufacturers are realizing that there are many aging in place seniors out there who want a simple cell phone, but packed with advantages.
The Elderly Cell Phone with Features You Need
The Clarity Pal was designed with the needs of the elderly in mind. It is a cell phone for seniors from the ground up.
- Up to 25 decibels of amplified sound (a normal conversation is around 60 decibels), which is adjustable to suit your preferences
- Hearing aid compatible
- Extra large, rubber buttons, backlit numbers & a speaking keypad (can say the numbers as you dial)
- Loud, vibrating and flashing visual ringers, with 9 tones pre-installed
- Speaking CallerID
- 2″ color screen (with zoom-in Phonebook) and oversized fonts
- 3 speed dial buttons
- Panic button : Calls five pre-programmed emergency contacts
- Bluetooth support for earpeices or headsets
- Simple interface
- High quality speaker phone
- Send and receive SMS text messages
- Calendar, alarm clock, calculator and stop watch
Cell Phone for Seniors : Dimensions and Details
- Standard: Unlocked GSM phone compatible with AT&T and T-Mobile networks
- Dimensions: 5 X 2.3 X .6 inches (HWD)
- Display size: 2″ LCD
- Weight: 3.6 oz
- Standby time: 15 days
- Talk time: 4 hours and 24 minutes
Seniors Cell Phone Video Review : c|net
Overall, the Pal seems to be a good option for seniors and a welcome addition to a market that has been dominated by the jitterbug cell phone.