If you are preparing to, or considering, providing some level of care for your parents (either live-in or aging in place), here are a couple of good articles to read. By no means exhaustive, but all have points to consider as you begin planning. (In no particular order.)
- How to get good home care for aging parents
- Audio editions of Carol Marak’s Elder Care Expert Show for working family members who help their aging parents
- Making long term care insurance decisions and why purchase long term care insurance?
- How to get power of attorney for an elderly parent? You’ll need a qualified elder law attorney.
- Things to consider before you agree to care for an elderly loved one
- How to choose a personal emergency response system