Jitterbug J senior cell phone information and review.
Imagine you or your loved one who is aging in place being able to manage and schedule multiple appointments. Or feeling ill and having an RN at your fingertips anytime of the day. Imagine the peace of mind knowing that there is assistance on the other end of the line no matter what time of day. That is what Jitterbug customers can experience.
Jitterbug released the Jitterbug J cell phone and expanded rate plans that offer affordable options and carefully target senior needs. It truly is a next generation senior cell phone, with a sleek, comfortable new design. The J really does offer a calendar with assistance; a user can schedule multiple appointments or have an operator enter them for him.
The J allows you and your loved ones to stay in touch and help manage health and well-being. “We’ve taken the best of our award-winning experience and made improvements based on the feedback from our growing family of customers,” said David Inns, GreatCall CEO. “While the new Jitterbug J includes more service features our customers have been asking for, these features have been designed for ease-of-use and each can be turned on or off as a person wishes so that it retains all of its intuitive simplicity.”
It’s truly unique services help pave the way for future cell phone development for seniors. Here are the key services that will help seniors manage their health and wellness.
- MyCalendar – In addition to managing their address books online, now users can manage their calendars. All entries can be done online, which means entries can be posted by user, family member or a Jitterbug operator with all posts and reminders being sent directly to the phone.
- LiveNurse – Truly an inspired service, this service provides customers with unlimited access to a registered nurse 24/7 as well as full access to a health library.
- Wellness Call — offers proven techniques for relaxing, motivating and overall well-being with a personalized coaching service delivered right to the Jitterbug through a series of once-a-week calls.
- SimpleText — helps customers keep in touch with text messaging; using messages from a unique prewritten “message library” or typical word entry for a more personal message.
This cell phone eliminates complicated navigation and gives users the flexibility to turn off unwanted applications or easily access new applications for their phone via the Internet. The Jitterbug J cell phone also offers a noise reduction ear piece, comfortable keypad with larger backlit buttons and east to read text as well as wireless headset, hands free and other wireless accessories enabled by Bluetooth technology. Other highlights of the new phone include easier-to-use screen navigation, personalized ring tones and screen colors with an emphasis on providing audible tones for those with hearing loss, upfront speakerphone for easy activation and a 30% longer batter life (on standby).
Senior Cell Phones Video – Jitterbug J review
- Text messaging
- Voice dialing
- Bluetooth support, wireless headset
- Dial tone
- Updated design, easy to hold
- Easy to read on-screen text
- Easy-to-use on-screen navigation
- Call waiting
- Large, back-lit buttons on keypad
- Simple “Yes” and “No” buttons
- Jitterbug operator reached by pressing “0?
- Good on-screen help
- Large on-screen fonts
- Earpiece is padded
- Easy volume control (and loud)
Details and Dimensions
- Weight: 4.06 oz
- W:2.16″ x H:3.87″ x D:0.97″
- Hearing Aid Compatible: HAC Rating: M4/T4
- 3 hours of talk time, 8 days standby